Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

Hello family!!!!!
All is just going grand grand here and i just love each day. The miracles are endlesson the mission and at the house also i hope!
Thank you all for your letters and kind words! Brecken keep working hard and try not to injure your foot more. Also something amazing you can do is ask for a blessing. We have this power and athority of God here on the earth for things like this. Dad thank you so much for your words these last two weeks! I loved the letters I recieved from you. Nikki you too. Your stories of your calling are always so insopiring to me. As I have said before, I just love thinking of you and my dad when you were missionaries and having experiences like me. It is just an amaizing amazing life as a missionary. Mom thank you too for your letters as I love hearing your stories of your callings in Church too. Aimee if you read this letter too, thank you so much for your email too. I love hearing about the fun things you are doing in school Keep up the good work with Chinese.
Ah my family, I just love family. These last couple weeks we have been working alot with a family. The are all older and have kids but most still live in the same house. Some are less active members and the others have dates set for their baptisms. This is an amazing family and I have loved see in the progression that has come alsong. One of the Daughters has been very pregnant and has been for like 9 and a hlf months. Yesterday she went to the church with us for the first time. She just loved it, but at the end when we were all talking outside the church, one of the sisters called to sme and said go get your companion this sister needs a blessing! So we had to wuickly give her a blessing and then off she went to the hospital to have her baby. All went really well as it was part of the blessing and now she has a little girl in her life named Kayla Denise. I told them I really like her name. haha After all this we had to go to another members house to give another blessing. My testimony has been so strengthened here on the mission of Priesthood blessings. WE give blessing several times every week and it is always such an honor and privilidgfe to be able to hold the athourity to give them. Also it is so amaizing as I live so that I am always worthy to act in the name of Christ to give these blessings. At first I was really scred to give them because in spanish, it uses a diffrent form of speacking that they dont really teach in the MTC because as missionaries we dont speak in that way. It is called the informal Tu form. But I have come to learn and realize that it does not matter if i mess up speacking becasue I am doing something so much more important. Giving a blessing in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ with His power given to men on earth. It is an amazing this wevery time. Well there are always many blesssing like this that I get to see every day. Oh and with this family we went to teach one of the daughters last night and she is so excited and ready for her baptism this week. We taught the word of wisdom and law of chastity and she has no problems with either of these commandments. I was nervous and doubting before the lesson because we did not know if she ws legally married or if she drinks coffe or tea. But no, she is ready. She is married and does not consume these things because just reacently she had a baby too. It is amazing to see how the Lord has prepared His children to follow in the path. Im alwyas so greatful for this. Also this week I have started reading the Book Jesus the Christ. Not in spaninsh yet but someday. This book is amazing. Im only in the first couple of chapters but I have learned so much already. the other week I was prayering fervantly to Heavenly Father to help me increase my tetimony in Jesus Christ. So I read more in the bible and this helped but then onother Elder lent be the Jesus the Christ Book. when i recieved it i was just so grateful for this small answer to prayer and I think everyone should read it. It is a big book and looks very intimidating but if you start with a prayer and read with a purpose to have your faith strengthed, You will love every sentence of this book. Well to all those that read these emails, just know that I love you all and that our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ love you too. Remember always the covenants that we have made with our Father and if you have not yet, keep on preparing. Family, I dont know how to express to you all the love that our Father has  for us. It is unexplainable that he loves us so much. WE cant even understand how much love He has for you. There are very little things in this life that we can completley understand but I am here to tell you that we live in faith. If we have the faith that all is the will of the Father, we have no need to worry about the things of the World. Yes we are here in this amazing world, but so is Satan and his angels and he is doing all he can to stop us from returning to our Father. Do all that you can to stay strong and Pray always that you may come off conquorer. I forgot how to spell that but it is a very good scripture in D and C 10:5 Well I have to get going to go and enjoy another day here in the work of the Lord. I love you all. Elder Larkin
Yesterday we confirmed our investigator in sacrament meeting and it was so amazing to see how he has completley changed for the good things in the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment