Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, 2011

Hello my family. How is it all going with you all.  THis week has really been great as we have worked hard as a mission to break a record of baptisms this month and we have close to 200. On sunday in the evening we had a combined baptism with the other elders and had a wonderful evening. The computer i am using cant upload pics so you will have to wait another week to see the photos. Our investigator that got baptized is so awesome. It was a miracle for me that he got baptized yesterday. He had an interview with the pres Cantu just an hour before the baptismal service and he showed that he has really repented of his past errors and sins and was able to recieve this remission of all last night. Wow it was just an amazing experience. He had such a great desire to recieve the baptism as he waited a month for his interview with the president. Ahh it is times like these that just make me love the mission even more. On saturday we had a zone conference in La Paz where the other zone is and Elder se Oyos came to speak to us of the 70. this was such ana amzing day as i always learn so much every time we have conference and all that. WE also passed through a little town called Todos Santos where the famous Hotel California is and i have pics of that too that I will send next week. I got to see one of my old companions again Elder Toledo and that was alot of fun. I have just loved getting to see how storng the Atonement can be in all of our lives as I see the people each day trying to repent of their past doings and really trying to change and follow Jesus Christ even better. THen the start to see that there really is power in the Atonement that all of us really can recieve this forgivness of our sins and follow on stronger than ever. I also have loved that I recieve power every day too. Everyday their are so many things that I have to repent of and then plead with the Father for this forgivness and for the strength to work even harder to think even better to have the spirit with me and to be able to usr the spirit more for my benifit and more importantly for the benefit of the investigators. It is such a battle with satan each to always have the spirit to be with you because it is so sensitive. ANd us as missionaries cant do anything without the spirit.  This is why it is so important for all those that recive the gift of the holy ghost, to do all that they can to always have the spirit with them. If we keep the covenants that we renew each week the sacrament meeting, we will have this gift with us alwyas. Brenna thank you so much for your story of you missionary experience, because you too like all that are members, are a missionary. I loveed that you were so excited to see the power that the spirit has just by sharing your testimony and talking of things of our Heavenly Father. Just ismagine, that is what I have the priviledge of doing all day, everyday!!! I love it! To see these example of faith that the people have to listen to what we have to say then to act on the strange and amazing feelings of the spirit, it is all just a miracle to me. THe mission is really the best thing that anyone can do. Even though I dont speack as good as I want to and I cant do and say all that I want to in lessons, it is alright because I too have this gift of the holy ghost and the people listen to this still small voice and not just mine and my companions. I dont have to much more time today to write my family and my friends but know that I love you all. Know that your Father in Heaven loves you too. I know that this is true as He loves me so much and I love you so he must love you too. My family the Gospel is true. THere is not any doubt in my mind that Through Joseph Smith that we have all the powers and keys of the Priesthood here on the earth again to bring to pass all the will of the Father. Untill next time my loved ones.  Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment