Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 2, 2011

Well hello my family another week just flew by! It is true that tomorrow i will complete 6 months in the mission. I cant even believe this as it has all just been one week to me. wow Well this is very interesting about Bin laden that 10 years later we finally found him and dad thanks for your thoughts about time square. That must have been an awesome sight. Chix good work on the bike and bay and chix amazing with your dance! Well it has been fun here as we had a baptism this last saturday and it was just amazing. This sat was Dia de Nino or Kid Day and the whole day was a party for kids. So with this baptism and the chappel there was also a party there during the baptism so it was all just great. Ramon is his name and he chose me to baptize him. My first time to baptize someone older than 15 and it is a little different. I was very excited for him to get baptized because his girlfriend is a a returned missionary and helped him so much to prepare for baptism. After his baptism when we were changing he expressed to me how excited he is to go to the temple and marry the returned missionary. Im so excited for them as I really just love the people here and even more my converts and their families. It is all just a blessing to me. When he was confirmed I was not able to go as we have two wards right now and they are very far apart so we had divisions and my comp confirmed him. After their church was over they came to mine and I was so excited to see him and I just gave him a big hug and he gave me an electronic translator. Haha yeah it was so sweet. He is just an awesome guy and we are such good friends. I just love it all. It has been a really good week and the whole mission is really having success as yesterday as a mission we confirmed 50 people in the church. The president is very happy and so are we as 50 more of the children of God have entered into this path that leads back to him. Ahh also during s¿this week we had some very special lessons and the spirit was just so strong to testify to me and to the investigators. During one lesson, we went to vistit my first convert paty and her family and while we were there some friends of thiers came over and had questions and so we answered and taught and they were all very receptive. at one point when I shared my testimony the mom said she got the chills and just felt really different but good and she could not tell what it was but we all know what and it was amzing to see  her realize that there is something different about us and this message and I just love the power of the holy ghost here on the earth and especially in this work. It is a challenge everyday to live the best that we  can to maintain the Spirit with us throughout everyday and throughout all the time and things that happen everyday. It is such a task but it is so possible when we have the Lord on our side. Well this month in the mission we are also starting to read the Book of Mormon again. The whole mission started yesterday and will read one chapter every day as we all read together. I want to invite all of you also to do the same and to read with us. Not only read but to  study the scripturees beacause they really hold so much power. Also we will have changes next week and it looks like its my turn. I will let you all know next monday, where I am! Haha! Well my family and friends take care and always look to God and His Son in times of need. They will never lead you away on the path of the evil one. I love you all so much and take care!! Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment