Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 9, 2011

Hello my family!  My first day in the lovely Cabo San Lucas, how sweet it is here. All the fun started last night though after my comp spoke with his family and we left to an investigators house for my last goodbyes. While there my companion fell ill and we had to go to the hospital last night at 9 ish. It was my first time in a mexican hospital and lets just say that the hospitals in the US are alot more fun. haha. Well he got a shot and they gave him some pills and everything turned out alright. WE returned to the house and Geovanny and I gave him a blessing. THis morning he was 100 percent better and everything was fine today. It was a scare for me though. Well at 630 this morning we had to be in the airport and it was in my area so we did not travel to far and we waited there for like 25 mins for the other elders to be going to the Baja. there were 6 elders coming here and we have all arrived safe. WE took just this little plane to fly over in like one hour and it was so sweet to see my area from the sky then cross the ocean then see mountains in the distance as we came in from obove to the Cabo san lucas airport. Before we landed I looked out to the resort part of the area and there were 2 cruise ships parked out in the harbor! So sweet! Well we arrived at our houses and cleaned up and unpacked and went to go by food for the week so we went to walmart! Haha the sister that  gave us a ride said that it is gringo land at walmart, and it was true! It was so weird to see actual americans again, not in suits or dresses but normal americans again and spèaking english! ahh so strange. WEll walmart was so cool and in this walmart plaza also there is a radio shack and GNC store. Im very excited for this area. For lunch we went down to the Dominos pizza in the more touristy part of town and wow it was so sweet! I just love it. Well my area is the very end part of cabo. I have the resorts in my area and all the houses on the hill so we will be walking a ton up and down all day, in the heat so if you get pics from me and dont recognize me, its ok im still your loving son and brother. WEll in our ward we have 3 americans and 1 from agentina. We are without mexican missionaries in our ward. Well alll this day has been about me and getting situated and it is stuff cause  I have just been thinking about me all day and dont like it. NOw is the time for me to get out there and just love the people here and just every minute of my mission here. Well my family all is going well here and Im very excited to get to work here as I have heard very good things of these areas. I love you family and it sure was good to talk to all of you yesterday!! Love you all!!! oh my comps name is Elder Terrera

Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment