Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011

Wowowow Im so glad to hear from all of you and so glad to see that you recognize the blessings of our father in your lives. Bailey thanks for the pic and brenna I think about viens all of the time hahaha! Kenadee amazing job at your tournament Im so proud of you!!! wow! Dan thanks for your email too. It is crazy being here and seeing how so many many many people are suffering from the effects of pitutary damage and other difficiencies. Wow I feel for them.  And Lisa is home wow so much is happening. This week I have really been good. I feel closer to my savior than ever before in my life. This is not my work but I have the opportunity to help the Lord in His work. And because it is His work I need His help. The Atonement is my topic today. OUr purpose as missionaries is to Invite others to come unto Christ to recive the  Restored Gospel through, Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, The gift of the Holy GHost and enduring to the end. Wow that was really hard to write and remember in English ok. But We are inviting people to have faith in Chirst and His Infinite and perfect sacrafice for us. I had to give my first full length talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday and this was my topic. Read in 2nd Nephi 2 and 9. These chapters are amazing as with all things of the Book of Mormon. The Atonement though, it is the act of Sacrafice in the garden of Gethsemani and the Death of Christ on the Cross and also the 3rd day when he was resurrected. Many people think that the atonement is simply a remission of our sins and the power over death to live for ever. THese are some of the everlasting effects of the atonement but there is much more. First we must understand that we can not comprehend all of the Atonement. Our mortal minds cant comprhend all the pains of an Infinite sacrafice. Jesus really suffered all the price of sin for us. But there is more. He also suffered every pain, every infirmity and and bad thing that ever happened and will happen to us. We cant usnderstand this but what we can understand is that this was not just done so that we can sit back and say "wow this sacrafice is so amazing and I love my savior so much for this." That is great. This is the first step and now we use this gift. The atonement is a gift for usr from God and Christ. Jesus did not suffer so that we would only worship this gift. He suffered so that we would use this gift. The healing power of the Atonement in our everyday lives is what I want to talk about. We must repent everyday so we can become like Christ but also we must use this gift everyday for strength in all aspects of our lives. This suffering is here for us to use it. If we use this power to have strength, we can then follow the example of Christ and really serve our fellow man. Understand that we use this gift, but still it is not free. We must devote all of our worship to God and Christ for this strength that we have. When we recieve amazing blessings from God, big or small it does not matter, we must then give our whole heart to Him in Praise. My family I know that this Atonement is the most important event to ever happen in all the time of man. Why cant we remember this sacrafice in our everyday lives. Everything that we have is a gift from our Ever loving Father in Heaven. We ahve covenanted to remember Christ always and I promise you that if you let this gift from Christ take place in your life and then act on the blessings you receive from this gift and latter give all praise to your creator and reedemer and our Father in Heaven, you will be able to keep this covenant. You will be able to remember Christ in all things that you do and you will have the joy in your life that God is always waiting to give to us His children. My family I love this gospel and I love this opportunity we have to live in the Life to show our Father how much we love Him and want to live with Him for ever. Only with this help of Christ we can accomplish this. There are so many things more that I learn each day and want to share with you but now I must share these things with the people here in Mexico. I can share it in peices along the way and all the rest of our lives with you so until next my family.

 Siempre con amor,

 Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment