Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 21, 2011

Hello again my family!

 I hope all is still going well and all are working their hardest. Well Today I am so grateful for the saftey of all the missionaries in Japan that is so cool to see the Lord in His work as the Missionaries in all the world are really in His hands. I have a couple of sweet stories to tell today also and the first happened a week ago for family night. We have family home evening with our investigators and the asked me to prepare a lesson so all day I was pondering and praying and finally it hit me to talk on faith so I studied hard and prepared a great little message for this family. we had to have divisions, ELder Toledo and I, as we had 2 family nights that night. So I went with another member and we show up at this house and all the family of this family is there. There was like 20 people there ready for the lesson and fun family activity. So I showed my faith gave this sweet lesson and all of the family had a great time as we shared experiences of faith and had an amazing spiritual conversation of faith and such sweet plain and simply things of the Gospel. The whole family participataed and we had a great night. It is just little things that bring such great spiritual opportunities. Well another experience I had was today as some members wanted to take us to get lunch today on Pday. So we went to a place that sells Camaron of shrimp and I love shrimp so I was super excited. We got there and I had no Idea what these things were on the menu so I got the same thing as this member. So the brought us the food and mine was just this bowl of like brown water with shrimp and other chunks of stuff. So I gladly ate it and while doing so I looked at these chunks of stuff and there were little suction sup things and I realized i was eating octopus tentacles. Ahhh I paniced for like 3 seconds and then jsut thought, ehh esta bien and ate all of it. My first experience eating octopus and Im still alive so it is ok to eat, I know now. Also this week the ward and stake here had the opportunity to go on a Temple trip for 3 days. The closest templs are both 10 hours away and and it is a big journey for them. Wow I wanted to go to but we have other work to be doing here. SO go to the temple as often as you can becuase the member here are always praying for a temple but still do not have one. The only have the chance to go every 3 months and many times opposition is very hard and many can not go at the last min. So go to the temple as it is the work of the Lord there. I know that there is so much power that comes from the temple if we attend reguarly. It is the house of the Lord and He has permitted us to go there, so what are we waiting for? Once again there are so many stories to tell but so little time. Know that all is well here as we are working hard all day everyday bringing the Gospel to the People here. LIke the missionaries all around the world, you too can spread the gospel with anyone, member of not, as we are all children of God and need His presence and Spirit in our lives. Continue to love everyone and love every second of this life as it is so short and goes by so quickly. Enjoy every moment of it as it really is a gift from our Father in Heaven.

 Love you my family! Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment