Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 14, 2011

Well hello my family!

 Jared what a sweet birthday and Forced Unleashed 2 amazing!! Bailey happy birthday this week as I don't think I will get another chance to send a email later. Well whoever is in charge of my face book, accept Geovanny Flores as my friend as he is a member here that pulled the prank on me. He is awesome. Well yesterday we were sitting at a members house and we got a call and they said, We need to have a baptism for my son. So Elder Wirkus said that I would do it so I had my first Spanish baptism. It was not one of our investigators but a sweet kid from another ward. We did not know the family at all but they were so grateful that we could have a baptism. It was very cool and now I have 2 baptisms. The ward mission leader here said , yes 2nd of many to come so I'm very excited. We have 3 investigators that look like they will get baptized this week. So exciting! Well today were mission changes so I am no longer with Elder Wirkus. So sad as we went and said bye to some of his converts yesterday we left them in tears. I want to work hard so that I can have such good impact on people lives just as Elder Wirkus had. He is now is Angostura a Ranchito with one of the Elders from my MTC District Elder Brown. And now I am with Elder Toledo a Native here from Vera Cruz. I am excited to see how things go but also sad to lose Elder Wirkus as he was a very great friend to me. And now I have to lead the area for a while and this is something that scares me a little but I have really come to know that this is not my work but I just work in the Lords work. I need not worry because He is constantly guiding me and will never lead me astray. I have really loved the mission and I cant believe that is a been 1 month today that I came to Mexico!!!!! Ah it just flies! I love the members here and all of our investigators and I get to see how the gospel changes peoples lives right before my eyes. It is such a blessing to me to be here on a mission. I love the area here too. I don't feel like I'm in another country or far from you as this is my home here too and I just love it. Oh and my new companion doesn't speak a lot of English so I will be learning more Spanish over these weeks than ever before. I will try to send some pics next week as I forgot my memory card and camera today but I wont next week. This week though has really been great as we worked our hardest and it really showed with the investigators we have now. Pray for them too that they may have strength to fight against the opposition. I told Elder Wirkus a couple of weeks ago that I think its cool as we are inviting people to come unto Christ but at the same time to join the Fight against Satan whether they want to or not. The mission is just great and I love it so Much. Well I hope all is still well at home and you are all being nice to each other. I love you all so much. Have a great week!

Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment