Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Monday, February 7, 2011

January 31, 2011

Hello my loving family.


 

Oh it is so great to hear from all of you again. I love the Emails I get from all of you all week and Nikki I think thats so cool that you made a blog for me. The cool thing is it will be there for ever. A digital scrapbook! Well I know you are all just waiting to hear from me and I want you to know i am doing great! My companion says we are in a little bit of an apostasy right now as our contacting and finding new people has been tough. The family that was so ready last week has really slowed and we have tried to talk to them everyday. I had a feeling that they would probably would take so time so we will have to continue to wait. So we do live very close to the Culiacan airport and it is loud sometimes. It is so strange that that is where we flew in over 2 weeks ago and now it is all just a different world. The members here are so great, and i love all of them o much. We had a ward missionary activity last Friday night and 2 of our investigators came too. So fun as we gathered together and watch the Finding faith in Christ film. It is so beautiful and the Spirit was so strong there. I loved it and so did our investigators. All of the ward is set up just like ours in Utah with primary and young mens and womens and all. The youth play a big role in missionary work here when we are teaching teenagers and it is so cool that they get to have these fun experiences already. Well the food here is just great and the members really loving cooking for us. The relief society set up every month where a different hermana gives us a huge lunch every day. They like cooking what we like sometimes and we had mashed potatoes and stakes one day!!! ah so good. Well lunch is really the only meal so its great that you have to eat everything or they get offended. Breakfasts are small and ligh and I dont really eat dinner. Just a snack in the night.

There is no time. So with this and all the walking we do, I have lost like 10 pounds already and am ready to loose more. Don't worry though I will take care of myself. Oh and one day we had to into the city and sign some papers for our visas and I did not know but all from my district had to come and we all got to go together to sign the papers.

Ahh I loved seeing my brothers again and how much we have all changed in just a week and to see how well we all are doing. So so awesome and then they were off just as fast as they came. Brenna I was so glad to hear that you got to go to Church this week. That is wonderful and continue to be a good example. I am so sad inside at the same time for Caroline and hope that she will want to return and be happy. Well one of my favorite investigators this week was a guy named Jonathan Cruz, a Christian learning English so our whole time with him was spanglish.

HE said at the very beginning he has not felt the spirit for a long time and we had a 2 and a half hour conversation with him and the spirit was so strong in this lesson. He was so grateful at the end and said several time s during it that he felt the spirit. We will see where he goes with this. I am excited to continue to find these people who are just waiting for us, Gods answer to their prayers. Well Take care my family and dad and Nikki Be safe!! I love you all so much and continue to do great in all you do! Chix great job on your reading!!!


 

Love Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment