Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Monday, February 7, 2011

February 6, 2011

Hello Family!

 Wow another week already! I cant beleive it. Well Jared happy birthday and I heard about you asking Maren to the Dance. Good Work. I also got your dear elder letter this past week and I was so happy to hear how excited you are for your mission. THis is so great! You are going to love it so much. This past week was very fun as there was seminary for all of the District and Zone Leaders, THis meant i was on divisions for most of the week. My first part of the day on Tues I was with Elder Fernandez Paz from Uruguay. He was so hilarious and completley crazy as he ran around smelling where the spirit was leading him. It was very entertaining for me. I then worked with another Elder from our district named Elder Hooper from Eagle Mt and we had a wonderful time working together in his area and in mine. I was a little nervous to run the area with out Elder Wirkus but we did gerat. I have learned so much this week about teaching and much more spanish also. It is coming along and everyday I understand people better and better as I pray for the gift of tounges always. On SUnday I had a very great experience as I got to listen to the ama<ing testimoies of the ward members here. I was almost in tears as one after another got up and shared breif and strong testimonies of the Savior and the restored Gospel and the Book of Mormon. I was amazed to see the strength of the Church here and I just loved it. Right after testimony meeting Elder Wirkus said, ok you are teaching Gospel Principles today. Ahh I had no idea what to do so I just prayed and we had a very good discussion about Obidience. All of our investigators there were so happy that I could teach that class. It was tough but I made it through just fine. Mexico is so great and I really have loved every moment. I get to wake up every morning srudy the Gospel and then go talk about it with people all day and be a positive influence in their lives. What is not to love? Its just great. So I am so glad to here all is well and that the Isreal trip was so great! Im glad you are all safe. Give my love to Char and Brent as I felt really off this week and I felt that death was near at home. I thought alot about this and had some good inspiration. Death is definitley not the end. It is the begining to so much after this life. As we do our best in this life and follow all that has been given to us and love everyone, we can know that through our marvelous Savior that all is well. Our father in heaven wants the best for us in this life and is always, always waiting to hear from us in prayer. He is listening and He will strengthen you. He will give you that which you need to continue on. I have come to know this better than ever during these past weeks. He wants us to be happy and to be our best everyday. If we keep this in mind, all is possible. It is like this morning, as we were walking to our District mtg I had many thoughts in mind about tough things I have to do on the mission and then I had the thought of, dont think about that and just start thanking your God for the amazing things He has given you and instanly I was comforted. Well Family, I have so many stroies to tell but not time. Oh also it was very cold here this week but we were taken care of so do not worry. My family, I love you all and know that you support me with all of your hearts and I feel this every day. Thank you so much for all you do for me and for eachother. Never stop taking care of eachother. I love you and have a great week.

 Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment