Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011

Hello My wonderful family!!

How is it all going there? I am doing just great as I have worked harder than I have in my life. Elder Toledo has been working me hard and I have been learning so much. It has been great as our area really has exploded! Our investigators needed him and it really shows. Well sat was my first convert baptism. Her name is Paty a 15 year old with such great intentions to follow our Savior. About 3 or 4 weeks ago we were heading to an Hermanas housse to eat lunch and we were early so we contacted some houses. The first one was this lady named Gloria and we found out she was a less active member. She was so suprised that we were there and just was so happy to see us. THen we left and and invited here to church and all and then sunday came and she did not come and we thought nothing of it. Then 2weeks ago she came with her daughter Paty. Wow we were so excited and Paty loved the church. So we set up an appointment and we taught here over these last two weeks. Then this last week she was baptized. It is crazy the opposition that comes when doing such righteous things as baptism. She was so excited and asked me to baptize her. The strange Elder from the US that cant really talk, but she wanted me to do it. I was so honored and will remember this special day forever. I loved feeling the presence of Angels there on the other side. Not only our family but hers too. Ahh the mission is great. Elder Toledo wants to baptize every week this change so Im good with it. Working with Elder Toledo has been fun and difficult. We come from completley different backgrounds so I have had to learn alot to work and be effective with him. I love my companion as he really takes good care of me. I have learned so much from him as he really is an amazing misssionary and teacher. It has been a pleasure. Well the miricales of the mission never cease while we work our hardest and stay completley worthy. There are so many people here and are just waitng for us to knock on their door and invite them to come to Christ. I just am completly amazed. COming from Utah were most all are mormon or know alot about the church, There are so many here that have never even heard of the church and last night we taught this new family and the daughters have never heard of Jesus Christ before. I have such great work ahead of me and cant wait. Also I had my first experience of casting out bad spirits. Its quite scary and I cant really describe it but we have another new investigator now. I love being on the Lords Errand. His work is so amazing and we are all apart of it. If we have any particle of faith in Him we are to serve others and share this amazing gospel with them and all of the Amazing blessings we have recieved from Him and our Loving Father in Heaven. There are so many stories I can tell already but I dont have alot of time. Family I love you aso much and you can show your love to me by showing your love to your Savior. Keep His commandments. This is everything. Do you kids remember the seceret to this life? its simple, keep His commandments 100% of the time and your life will be so happy. I love you all and ¡Cuidense! con amor,

Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment