Mosiah 4:15
"But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011

Hello Family! 

How are you all doing? Im am doing just great this week as I have worked hard with Elder Toledo. My spanish is definitley improving a ton and a tip of advice he gave me was to just completley forget english and so I have been thinking is spanish all week so if there are errors here im sorry. So we did not have anymore baptisms this week but the blessing of heaven and Fathers armies of Angels are here with us. I love this as I never feel alone. This week as with every week, so much happens. Everyday is completley different from the last and a new challenge and more adversary is there every day. We have had baptisms set up for the next couple of weeks, but with all good there is bad and it is our choice how we will face it. We have an incvestigator, an 11 year old who lives with his uncle and he is such an awesome kid. He is so ready for baptism and just wants to follow Christ but we need consent from his mother not just his uncle. This was very tough on us and on him as we were all hoping that he could get baptised this last week. He is very down but we remember the scripture in nefi that when God gives us a commandment,He provides a way for us to complete it. With time and patience he will be baptizsed and hopefully his uncle also! This week I got to go to another part of my area called El Campo Diez and this is like a rancho and the people there are very poor. There houses are tiny and made out of scraps. As soon as I set foot there I felt a flush of humility and I just wanted to go and hug all the people. I love them. We contacted this one house and taught a 22 year old named Reyes. We lef t him a Book of Mormon and hopefully he will continue to want to follow. When we went back to check on him he ran into his house and got the book and was going to give it back to us. we said oh no no it is your book and he was so happy. To see this kind of living and life here is so different and I just want to teach everyone. I love the people here. Yesteryday we were contacting after church and went to a lady that we contacted earlier in the week and she is a little bit crazy and her husband died 28 years ago and her 49 year old son that was in a accident and now has brain damage lives with her. She works all day at her house growning plants and keeping it up. she is a tough old lady named Ramona. We were teaching her and we were just talking and then I dont know what happened but Elder Toledo said that I wanted to learn to wash clothes by hand as she does not have a washer. She was so excited to teach me and pictures are included with this. Oh what fun. My comps bday is tomorrow so some converts from his old area wanted to come take him to lunch. So they came an hour here to take us out and we went to a part of my area that is by the ocean. I forgot my camera and I wish I could show you were I was today. I will go back. But the ocean ahh so coooool! It is a fishing town called Navalato. Bettweeen Bachigualato and Navalato there are many farms so I saw some awesome mexican farms a sweet sweet places today. I just love mexico. I had no idea what it was like out side of the city and I just love it. Also I love that Elder Toledo has had such an iimpact on his converts. I want to be like that with my converts. Well I just want to thank everyone for all of the great emails that you send to me. I love hearing from you! I dont have time to respond to all but I love reading your inspired words to me and stories from your lives right now! THank you my family. I hope all is well and everyone is just doing great, getting on their knees everyday and pouring out their souls to our Father for all of the amazing blessings he has given us in this life! Pray to Him as He is always listening. Put your faith in the sacarafice and Atonement of Jesus Christ as it is an amazing blessing for us to use if we can have enough faith to work it out the best we can and then simply turn it over to the Lord. THis is something I have loved learning here on the mission. I feel that I have to do this everyday. Ask for the help of our Father, because He is just waiting to open the Heavens and pour out more blessings upon us. I love this Gospel I love Our Father and our brother and Savior. and I know that they have more love for you than you can ever imagine in this life. And I also I love all of you. Take care my family!

Elder Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment